The exams for the course are conducted in-person, either at UB or an instructor approved off-campus testing center. Essentially, every student has two options for where to take each exam :
On-campus at UB
This is included with your tuition.
- If you are taking an exam at UB, the testing arrangements have already been made for you.
An approved testing facility outside of UB
The testing site might charge you an extra fee.
If a student decides to use a testing center outside of UB, it is the student’s responsibility to:
- find a testing facility
- schedule an appointment with this facility
- obtain instructor approval of their arrangements
Requirements for a testing center
Once the course begins, the instructor will go through and individually approve all chosen off-campus testing centers subject to the following conditions:
- The testing facility must be located in the US or Canada.
- The testing facility should be in a university or college, although alternative locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The testing facility should have a dedicated, unbiased proctor that will be present for the duration of the exam.
- The testing facility should have a dedicated room, explicitly for testing.
(In almost all cases, public libraries and high schools are not acceptable test sites and will not be approved.)